Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Princess Catherine: What Are Your Thoughts?

What do you think of Princess Catherine’s bridal look? Do you love the natural look or do you think she should have glammed it up just a bit?

So as I flip through the pages of May 16, 2011 People and Time Magazines, I cannot deny that the Princess looked overall stunning in her Alexander McQueen gown, her Cartier tiara and her Robinson Pelham earrings. But, I have to be honest her hair, makeup and eyebrows just aren’t as great as I thought they could have been. So, hear me out on this one. All of us real girls work so hard on our wedding day to look and feel like a princess. And, here she is a princess and she applied her own makeup after a few lessons. Really? Was that necessary? I would have created a more sultry look – not so much black lines around her eyes, I would have used more lashes to widen and accentuate her eyes without closing them in. I also wouldn’t have used so much pink blush right on the apples of her cheeks. Look at her pictures, all you see are pink cheeks. I would have placed the pink higher on her cheekbones, mixed in with a glow highlighter – the pink should be glowing off her skin, not just sitting there. And for Princess hair… Well, I know Kate Middleton is all about being simple, but on Friday, April 29, 2011 Kate Middleton became Princess Catherine and I think a better and more sophisticated hair style was in order for the day. Something with a bit more height to really show off that fabulous, borrowed from the Queen, Cartier tiara. And, last are her eyebrows… Well all you brows girls who come to me know this one. I love an arch, not a wing. Kate wear wings – a brow that has no bend and just moves in one direction, is what I call a wing. I feel like an arch for Princess Catherine would elongate the look from her cheeks to her brow bone and really place a beautiful emphasis on her eyes. But, hey, no royal calls came in asking for my expertise. And, she’s still gorgeous. So who cares what I think? LOL  

No comments:

Post a Comment