Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Saturday, October 16, 2010

“The Daily Westport” by Meaghan Morelli.



Released Thursday, October 14, 201 in “The Daily Westport” by Meaghan Morelli.
http://www.thedailywestport.com/fashion/put-your-best-face-forward
One of the things that Meaghan and I got to talking about was how to actually use your products. She felt that some women own a lot of good products, but don’t necessarily know how to use them. So read an excerpt from Meaghan Morelli’s article about FACES Beautiful.
“When someone comes in for a lesson—we call it Creative Coloring—we can start with her own make up bag and just go through it,” explains Gail. “Everyone has something good in their bag. From there, we build. We teach clients how to better use what they already have. Or sometimes, women will come in and say, ‘I just need to start over.’ We can do that, too.”
Faces Beautiful offers more than make up. “All our skin care products are result-oriented,” Gail says. “I only carry products that will truly change your skin. I don’t sell the fluff. We’re also launching our own Faces Beautiful product line which we're thrilled about.”
In addition to her own skin care line, Gail has created a Faces Beautiful Mineral Make Up line. “Traditional make up is made from petrochemicals, from oil. Mineral make up is made from crushed minerals like titanium dioxide and zinc oxide. It’s so much better for your skin. And it looks better, too,” she says. “But when people think of mineral make up, they think of those messy, loose powders that inevitably end up on your bathroom floor or in the bottom of your bag. The Faces Beautiful line is comprised of liquids, creams and pressed powders. We call it ‘No mess mineral make up.’ And because it’s so finely mixed, it actually settles into the crevices of your skin without clogging anything. It truly makes your skin look smoother.” After this introduction, I can't wait to give this miracle make-up a try. Gail pulls out a tube with a brush attached and in sixty seconds, she’s applied a light layer of liquid mineral foundation to my face. Another sixty seconds for the foundation to dry and then we check the progress in the mirror. I almost fall out of my seat. I haven’t seen my skin this smooth and seemingly wrinkle-free since before I became a mom. Again, the effect is completely natural-looking.
“I’ve tried to put all a woman’s beauty needs under one roof,” says Gail, as she walks me through the hair salon at the back. “We’re a full service salon,” she tells me. Keratin treatments, Brazilian blowouts, trims, highlights and color are just some of what her stylists do.
And what makeover would be complete without a little sparkle? “I’ve tried to pull together some great fashion pieces that won’t break anyone’s bank,” says Gail standing in front of a glittering collection of handmade jewelry. “I go to all the shows and really comb through for affordable quality. So your hair looks great, your make-up looks great, now you put it together with a fabulous pair of earrings or a statement bracelet and no one will even notice if you’re wearing last year’s shoes. Their eyes won’t ever make it that far.”
After thirty minutes with Gail inside this aesthete’s paradise, I look ten times better than when I walked in the door and I tell her as much. So does my photographer.
“That’s what we do here,” says Gail. “We make everyone a little prettier.”
Get gorgeous at Faces Beautiful in Westport, located at 139 Post Road East. For a list of all their services, including hair and facial treatments, check out their website.



No comments:

Post a Comment