Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Master of the Smokey Eye!


One of the questions I get asked often is how do you do a smokey eye. While there are many variations of the smokey eye, I was saw a L’Oreal Ad (People Magazine, Nov. 14th, Pg. 21) of model, Freida , wearing their new ‘The One Sweep’ eyeshadow palette in Smokey for all eyes. The look was absolutlely stunning. We create the same look at Faces Beautiful with our Mineral Eye Shadow Quad in Muse.  You can get the professional look at home by following these simple steps for a gorgeous smokey eye.

     1.)   Line the lids with a long-lasting liquid or gel liner.
     2.)   Next perfect the line by tracing it with an angled-liner brush dipped in black shadow to ensure its staying power.
     3.)   Use a crease brush and apply the black in the outer corner of the eye and into the crease.
     4.)   Next dip a blending brush into the gray and blend over the entire lid and crease. This will create the smoked look and soften the black. 
     5.)   Add the sheer white to the brow bone.
     6.)   Use a black pencil to line underneath the eye. You can even mix the black and gray and sweep over the liner for a bold effect.
     7.)   Go over to top liner, too.       
     8.)   Finish with lots of mascara and wipe away spare shadow that may have fallen onto the face. Make sure your brows are filled in and that you complete the rest of your makeup by keeping it simple, with a natural foundation, pink/peach blush, and a nude lip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment