Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Monday, February 13, 2012

Bring In Spring with a Bang


LANCOME has released their new spring eye shadow pallet and liquid eyeliner collection and let me tell you, the collection is mesmerizing. I recently saw their add in the March 2012 issue of Glamour (page 36) and I was stopped in my tracks. The three assortment of colors range from purple, to teal, to green and the liquid liner glides on to complete the look.

Now for deciding which color is for whom, the advertisement places the pigment on the perfect skin tone for each color. The purple completely pops on a darker, more cocoa complexion and matching it with a redish-pink lip ties the look together. A sleek ponytail to really showcase your features would enhance your beauty and I would go with no earrings on this look. The makeup is very powerful so it acts as your accessory in and of itself.

For those of you with brown eyes, you may sometimes feel like you’re slumping through the makeup isles looking at everything that would make a green eye vivacious or a blue eye, electric. However, the shades of blue pallet in the collection are bound to turn the frown about brown, upside down. Wing out the liner to create depth and a unique shape to your eye. Always using the darkest color on the bottom and working your way up to highlighting your brow bone. Blue is one of the heaviest colors to wear on a light or slightly tanned skin tone so keep your lips peachy and soft.

I realize that the idea of green eye makeup on green eyes isn’t revolutionary, but let’s face it, that’s one of the only eye colors that looks undeniably amazing with it’s own color complimenting them. I would definitely use the green shades of eye shadow for the lids but my own personal spin would be to take the blue liquid liner to finish off the look. This unexpected detail kicks the look up a few notches and will have any onlooker captivated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment