Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Committing Makeup Sins: Mismatched Fashion and Face

Your skin tone isn’t the only thing you have to match when applying your makeup. You have to take into consideration your outfit of choice as well.  In volume 24 of Style Source magazine (page 20) they did a piece on the upcoming looks for Spring which can be, of course, characterized as whimsical, feminine, lacey, and mismatched! The designer Rodarte, in particular, committing the ultimate makeup sin of pairing a vibrant yellow and aqua blue flowery dress with a dark, smokey eye makeup channeling a more gothic vibe.

My perfect go-to look for any springy backyard dress or pastel cardigan and white jeans is all about the skin. That summery fresh glow with a hint of dew is always the starting point. Our FACESbeautiful liquid mineral makeup works every time for creating a flawless complexion. The liquid consistency is perfect for the hotter months when we still want our concealer but don’t want to deal with the heavy, cake-like feeling most of them have. We pride ourselves on the light, airy feeling of our makeup and love pinpointing that time in the day when you forget you’re even still wearing it.

For the eyes, I love keeping in tone with the sun-kissed glow of my skin and gravitate towards gold, bronze, and brown. Keep the darkest color on the lowest part of the lid and gradually move to the lightest. I find that instead of using a whitish color to highlight the brow, a very pale pink adds an extra touch and pulls the whole look together.

I love bright fuchsia or orange on the lips during the spring months. With a little white, a-line dress you’ll look dynamite. However, for the daytime events that happen so much during the spring and summer months, I like to keep it effortless sexy with a nude lip. I think what’s really important for bright colors on lips is to make sure the glossiness is on point. The look will leave you with a spring in your step!  

No comments:

Post a Comment