Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Latest Trend: Big Buns


It’s no longer what girls have going on in the back anymore that’s turning heads. The big hair buns are reminiscent of Audrey Hepburn and the women in James Bond films. Their elegance compliments any cocktail dress and can even be turned “day-appropriate” if done correctly.

Glamour’s February issue (page 87) exemplifies the right way to do the sky-high bun. It has to be sitting on the crown of your head as opposed to directly on top. Most of the buns we see in Hollywood are slicked back which is extremely chic and timeless. However, don’t forget a few tendrils framing your face or leaving your side bangs down still won’t draw any attention away from the bun.

For a  day look, I’d twist the hair into a bun creating a sort of “cinna-bun” look. They’re more informal than the perfectly done, nighttime do. Also, a boat neck tee allows you to show a little shoulder and melds well with an up-do.

As far as your makeup goes, with a hairstyle as dramatic as a high bun, the only heavy makeup I would recommend is a strong use of eyeliner. Wing the liner out to revert back to the days when the look was most popular. Highlight your cheekbones with your favorite blush since the bone structure of your face will, for sure, be on display for this look. Keep your skin looking dewy and regardless of how many squats you’ve been doing that week, all eyes will be on your bun…hair bun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment