Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The New Power Suit

Beyonce said it best in her newest song “Who Runs the World? Girls!” Today, women are becoming more influential and dominant in the workforce. First comes the power, then comes the power suit. In the March 2012 Glamour issue, New York and Company flaunts their newest collection of suits in bold and bright colors. I love the idea of straying from the generic black and drab gray but we have to remember, with bold color, comes bold makeup.

To pull off a power suit, you have to match it with a power lip. Just because you could be rocking a hot pink blazer, doesn’t mean you have to tone it down with a nude lip or even, heaven forbid, just chapstick. My advice is to not shy away from taking from either side of the color wheel. A hot pink lip with an orange suit would be dynamite and stop traffic on your way to the office. You definitely don’t have to match the two factors with each other because that’s a little much but it’s time to stop shying away from contrasting colors and making the goal to match. Branch out with the trend and take advantage of a time for risk.

Although I strongly advice to keep the lips as strong as the suit, I do think you have to go easy on the eyes then. Keep it simple on the lids with a taupe or gold but feel free to be generous with the mascara. The look conveys confidence and authority so don’t forget to use the best accessory us girls have: a smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment