Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Entering the Scene With a Splash of Green


With bathing suit season right around the corner, a lot of ladies are running back and fourth to the gym on a daily basis. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for this but what’s a tight tush good for if your makeup isn’t on point? Don’t worry, this isn’t one of those blogs on the “No Makeup Look for the Gym” mostly because I’m already judging you if your putting on your face to go do cardio for an hour. Instead, this is to a how-to on how to bring the greens that blossom all around us this time of year, into your makeup routine. Featured in the April 2012 issue of Glamour Magazine (page 243) the look I’ve recreated using different products.
To begin with, when using brighter colors it’s important to prime your eyelids. Instead of purchasing another product, I use my Faces Beautiful Brush-On Liquid Mineral Makeup http://www.facesbeautiful.com/liquid-mineral-makeup-p/facesbeautiful-brush-on-lig.htm and sweep some over my eyelids. This works just as well as a primer and blends perfectly with the rest of my face. Next, I chose to use Vincent Longo’s Verite Eye Shadow http://www.facesbeautiful.com/product-p/658106525073.htm. I dampen my brush slightly with a drop or two of water and apply the pigment to the brush tapping out any fallout. I coat my lid with the green in an arch-like fashion reaching just under my brow bone. I then use my Faces Beautiful Smudge Brush http://www.facesbeautiful.com/product-p/smudge.htm and without wetting it, sweep the Verite Shadow over the bright color you have just applied for a lighter, less intense streak of pigment. Next use a highlighting shadow that reaches up to underneath your eyebrow. I love the snow-like color in the Faces Beautiful Mineral Makeup Signature Shadow Quad in Cougar  http://www.facesbeautiful.com/product-p/851036001051.htm.
Finish the look with a pink lip like the Faces Beautiful Lipstick in Sunberry http://www.facesbeautiful.com/product-p/facesbeautiful-lipstick.htm?1=1&CartID=0.
These will leave any lips looking kissable and luscious. Enjoy the Spring look and the coming Spring weather! 

No comments:

Post a Comment