Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Wine-Stained Lips


Logically, to be able to accurately write this blog, I had to compare my lips being naturally stained from red wine with the wine shade of Faces Beautiful Lipstick “Blaze” http://www.facesbeautiful.com/product-p/facesbeautiful-lipstick.htm?1=1&CartID=0. Now, while I found the lipstick to be a more effective and brilliant blast of color, I didn’t have a horrible time testing the other way out either. What? It was a long week! Moving on, Tom Ford’s new ad featured in the March 2012 Issue of Elle (page 255) depicts the look flawlessly with the perfect compliment of color on the eyes, as well. The best part of the look is lipsticks ability to be applied with one hand and we all know what that means, we don’t even have to set our glasses down!
            For some, the color is a little overwhelming so using a gloss is a great way to accomplish the look in a softer, less drastic way. The perfect shade is Faces Beautiful Lip Sheer in Sangria  http://www.facesbeautiful.com/product-p/851036001316.htm.
            Next, we’re going to use deep browns and bronzes for the eyes. Think of your shade of skin when you’re very tan (warning: this can be torturous) and use that as your guide. With a Mediterranean skin tone, I used Faces Beautiful Mineral Makeup Signature Shadow Quads in Nouveau http://www.facesbeautiful.com/product-p/851036001007.htm. Ignore the shade of green for now and focus on the other three. Begin with the darkest of the browns and cover your lid but lightening up on the pigment in the outside corner of your eye. This is where we’re going to begin incorporating the lightest color and pulling it up to arch around your brow bone. Apply the bronze in the lower right corner around your tear duct and apply it in a thin sweet under your eye. Finish the look with your favorite mascara and enjoy the night!

No comments:

Post a Comment