Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Blush is also for Eye Makeup Too!


Not only am I writing this as I sip a cup of coffee, but I’m also finishing the bills, making my to-do list, and giving much needed attention to the family dog, Buster. I don’t like to pat myself on the back but without me, this system would entirely shutdown (okay, so maybe a slight pat on the back is warranted). A multitasking woman does have some competition, however, with multitasking products. Discussed in the March 2012 issue of Elle (page 342) is the makeup used for Valentino’s Spring Collection. Featured on the eyes was a shade matching perfectly to the one used on her cheeks and something clicked, why the heck haven’t I tried the gorgeous color I put on my face, on my eyes?
I took a different approach when applying the blush to my eyes. First of all, I made sure to prime my eyes, which I don’t do with all products, however, a blush is a different consistency than shadow so you have to ensure it’s permanent placement. I like to use our own Faces Beautiful Liquid Mineral Makeup as primer http://www.facesbeautiful.com/liquid-mineral-makeup-p/facesbeautiful-brush-on-lig.htm  all over the lid and even swiping some underneath my eye. Next, I love to use the Faces Beautiful Gia Mineral Blush http://www.facesbeautiful.com/product-p/36001002.htm as my product of choice. Instead of making my shadow follow the shape of my eye and create a corner on the outside of my eyes, I rounded out the makeup. Creating a “C” with my brush, I ran the product starting at the outside corner my eye and dragging it up, over my brow bone, to meet with the end of my eyebrow. I then pulled the product in towards the center corner of my eye, allowing the outer “C” to remain the darkest. I use the darkest shade of bronze in the Faces Beautiful Mineral Makeup Signature Shadow Quad in Nakeds  http://www.facesbeautiful.com/product-p/851036001005.htm around the tear duct of my eye for an interesting twist.
Now, use your blush with a full face brush and apply it to your upper cheekbones. I finish the look with Faces Beautiful Lipstick in Bon Bon http://www.facesbeautiful.com/product-p/facesbeautiful-lipstick.htm?1=1&CartID=0 and overlap it with a fabulous gloss. This will leave your lips looking doll-like and kissable. Enjoy the look and have fun exploring your other products with various uses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment