Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Allure Special Issue Best of Beauty October 2011



I just love Allure Magazines Best of Beauty special issue. Its coverage of the best products is great, but still for most of us girls this list is can still be a bit overwhelming. Let me share with you a few of my personal favs!

In Eyes, the must haves to me are the Dolce & Gabbana Eye shadow in Laguna a great green. Layered over of thick black eye liner it adds an instant pop! Finish with tons of mascara. So for the liner, one of my all-time favs is the Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Eyeliner and for mascara you cannot go wrong with Lancôme Definicils. I also happen to love Maybelline Great Lash mascara which is always a classic! Don't forget to curl those pretty lashes with Kevyn Aucoin's Eye Lash Curler!

For lips, Dolce and Gabbana The classical Cream Lipstick in Cosmopolitan is one of the best reds I have seen yet. Not only is the product long-lasting, but with just a swipe you get that elegant, timeless red lip.

Of course, skin care can challenging for many woman. Aside from cleansing, there are two things in skin care than every women cannot go without: a good moisturizer and sunscreen. I like the Aveeno's Positively Radiant Moisturizer SPF 30,  so it is the best of both. In the world of anti aging moisturizers, I think that the Dr. Brandt's Time Arrest Creme de Luxe is an amazing result moisturizer.  Of course, we also run into a few skin care issues like dark circles and pimples. Esthetician, Kate Summerville has a great line, and her CytoCell Dark Circle Corrective Cream will be your best weapon against those awful circles, regardless if they are genetic or due to lack of sleep! A great mask for treating acne is ProActive's Refining Mask, which contains Sulfur- a key ingredient in getting rid of those pesky bumps. Try it as a spot treatment as well.

Let's talk about hair. Wella Professional Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner are great for restoring luster to your locks. And, for us woman with drier hair MoroccanOil Restorative Hair Mask will repair damage. L'oreal Paris EverSleek Sulfate-Free Intense Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner both will tame frizz without weighing your hair down.

And, here are some great extras that us girls can't go without...
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Wash is great for even the most sensitive skin. For people who suffer from body acne Neutrogena's Body Clear Body Wash never fails. Now, that you have cleansed that skin, you want it to glow, too. Try Lorac's Tantilizer Body Bronzing Luminizer, or a great self-tanner like St. Tropez Self Tanning Lotion. Tan not your thing? A good body moisturizer is a must. I (and Allure) love Eurcerin Skin Balance Skin-Fortifying Body Lotion. Show off your nails, too. OPI's Big Apple seems to always make the list of best nail-polish colors. It's a great red that flatters every skin tone.

And, last but not least my personal favorite: Tweezerman's Slant Tweezer! Come into FacesBeautiful and you'll experience yourself the wonders and painless perfection of brow shaping with Tweezerman. The results are amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment