Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

New Make Up Tips and Tricks!!!

After visiting a professional, your only task should be to maintain your brows. The biggest mistake I see at the FACES Beautiful salon is when women over wax or over-pluck.
To measure correctly, hold your finger parallel to the side at the tip of your nose. This is where your brow should begin. When you point your finger diagonally away from your nostril, toward the outside edge of your eye , you’ll find the correct end point for your brow.


Invest in a great pair of slanted tweezers and pluck hairs at an angle, following the direction that they grow. Give yourself lots of light, pluck slowly and take breaks. Make sure you don’t eliminate too much hair – bold brows are in!


Match Your Eye Shadow to Your Outfit


I remember the day I went to school wearing lime green eye shadow to match my lime green top, back when I first began experimenting with makeup. My mother always told me to match my eye shadow to my clothes, and that morning I distinctly remember that she told me that I looked great – something tells me that was not the inner beauty expert in her speaking.
I’m all about whatever colors look best on you, and there are no real “rules” when it comes to eye shadow matching. It’s important to note is that even if a color matches your outfit, it will not necessarily compliment your eye color and skin tone; know which colors work best with your skin tone and be aware of colors that just don’t work.
When it comes to eye shadows, experiment!


Try different shades to see what works best on your eyes, keeping in mind that skin tone has everything to do with it. Here’s a quick rundown of what colors work for common eye colors: blue eyes should stick with earth tones for maximum impact, green or hazel eyes should have fun with a purple or gold-flecked earth tone, and brown eyes are the winner in this game – they can get away with pretty much anything!
For a universal tip that everyone can benefit from, use gold or white eye shadow on the inner corners of eyes to make them pop. Purple is also a great color to try for every eye hue; its place in the color spectrum makes it a flattering choice for any skin tone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment