Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Harvard Believes in our "Feeling Prettier" Efforts

As you all know, I created the Faces Beautiful Studio in Westport, CT to help all women “feel prettier”.  We’ve suspected for some time that there is a connection between looking pretty and feeling good, feeling confident. Now, there is scientific research that suggests that other people may perceive you as more confident, likable, and competent based on how much makeup you wear. I read the results of the HarvardStudy which researched this very topic at NewYorkTimes.com and NewBeauty.com. This study, conducted at Harvard University, showed that when people were shown pictures of the same woman bare-faced or made-up that the photo of the woman wearing makeup ranked higher in trustworthiness, and even professionalism. So, don’t feel bad about indulging in a professional makeup application for a special occasion or purchasing another lipstick.  It may just win you that job you’re after! It just goes to show how much power “feeling pretty” can have on all areas of every woman’s life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment