Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Monday, January 4, 2010

June Jacobs Serenity Candles


I normally write more blogs then I’ve written of late. I could blame it on the summer sun, vacations and such, but that’s just not the case. I’ve been recuperating, healing and rediscovering my peace. I’ve been a victim of domestic violence and now I am set on becoming a survivor.

Domestic violence happens in more places then you could imagine. It happens to women in all walks of life. You probably know someone who has suffered from abuse. She’s hard to recognize because she looks just like every woman out there. Maybe she’s the woman you see shopping at the supermarket, sitting at the PTA, working out with you at the gym or the woman who helps you with your makeup or shapes your eyebrows.  It’s time I reclaim my dignity and once again I find inner peace and pleasure in my beauty products.

Beauty products certainly can’t help me escape my abuser, but they have been incredibly helpful in letting me find my escape, my place of comfort, my serenity. I’ll tell you about them. The first thing is my sense of smell. Scent….it’s so important. I need to breathe in peace and tranquility. I need to feel the calm in my mind. My sense of calm has been so disrupted. I need to get to a calmer place. And, the scent that’s done it for me is June Jacobs Serenity Candle.



So…there are lots of candles and scents out there. What’s so special about this one? First of all, June Jacobs is a terrific lady. I really like her; she herself is calming and soothing. So, I felt compelled to try one of her candles. She’s calls it serenity, but it’s actually more like awakening to me. Refreshing, like opening a window with a fresh breeze off the ocean just waiting to waif through and refresh the stale air. Wonderful……

A good beginning….. to healing. I must continue to find ways to feel better. I will let my passion for what’s beautiful guide me to finding my way. I will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment