Gail

I have always been passionate about makeup, skincare and all things pretty to us girls. Creating Faces Beautiful has been a lifetime of work in progress. Like many women, life tends to complicate achieving my goals, but notwithstanding career changes, marriage, and raising children I continued to follow my passion. Today, I am affectionately known as the woman that helps all women look and feel just a little prettier. I have built a business of perfecting beauty for women. Stop in and see Faces Beautiful whether in Connecticut or On-Line. It’s the place to "feel prettier".

We provide great services, products and advice on your skincare, your makeup, your hair, your eyebrows and fabulous jewelry. I try every product before I decide to share it with you. Really, I do. The only products that you’ll see in our store are products that I personally believe in. And, so read my blogs and see what fabulous little tidbits of information that I discovered and then you’ll be in the know too! www.FacesBeautiful.com or in our Westport, Connecticut Studio.

twitter icons Timerhttp://www.facebookloginhut.com/facebook-login/
and please Share It

Monday, January 4, 2010

June Jacobs Spa Collection – Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque & Perfect Pumpkin Peeling Enzyme Masque


Yesterday all of the June Jacobs Spa Collection arrived. It’s so exciting! I feel like a kid in a candy store. I don’t even know what to try first or what to share with you first. There’s just so much to talk about. Over the next several weeks, I’ll be using Junes’ products, my estheticians are all trained on them and we’ll be experiencing our clients’ reaction, too. Where to start? Last night I treated myself to a double peeling mask. That’s sort of like going to the gym and taking a 40 minute run on the treadmill, followed up by a great yoga class. Meaning that both forms of exercise are really good for you, but that they do different things for you body. Or, in this case these two masks do different things for your facial skin.



An occasional facial peel is a great way to loosen dead skin cells.  A good peeling mask will improve the texture of the skin while restoring elasticity. A good peeling mask will also relieve congestion, reduce pore size, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone and stimulate collage production.



pumpkinLet’s look at the two peels. First I did the June Jacobs Pumpkin Enzyme Peeling Masque. This is a great mask for sensitive skins or skin prone to acne. It’s not as intrusive as glycolic can be on some skins. This pumpkin peel mask has the richest source of beta carotene and also contains a full complement of Vitamin A derivatives. The antioxidants from pumpkin are amazing. They do so much good for your skin. They provide cellular rejuvenation through enzymatic exfoliation, strengthen cellular responses, and acts as a humectant to increase skin hydration. It is the perfect remedy for blackheads or dull, congested skin.



papaya1After my pumpkin peel, my skin felt great and looked so much clearer and brighter. I could have stopped there and on most nights I would have. But, honestly I was so eager to try June’s masques that I thought I’d treat myself to the Papaya masque too. The Papaya Peeling Enzyme Masque offers extensive benefits. This peel is loaded up with fruit extracts, which are just another way at getting at and removing the surface dead skin cells. Papaya is really effective at smoothing out wrinkles. And it is chock full of Vitamin A, which accelerates the formation of new skin cells, and lots of Vitamin C. And you know by now how great Vitamin C is for you skin and how much you need your fill of C. Papaya’s fruit extracts are so gentle to your skin that it’s hard to believe that it’s actually doing anything. There is no stinging or peeling and it smells so good. 



Both of her masques smell amazing. June has used all fresh, all natural ingredients and wow! After you wash off this mask, you skin will be like silk – mine was. And, it is today. Now I probably won’t do another back to back of the June Jacobs Pumpkin and Papaya Masques. Time is always an issue for me. But I will keep both of them and alternate their application. It’s hard to describe how each masque offered different benefits to my skin, but they did. Again, it’s sort of like being back at the gym. What’s better for you: a jog, an aerobics class, lifting weights, palettes, yoga….? They’re all good for you…. differently. That’s the best analogy I can give you.

One masque is better than none, but two or more types are even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment